Wednesday 3 July 2013

A slightly different approach

This is a slight change from my recognised pencil style. I am often asked to draw in a traditional way with soft pencil and bright watercolour, but this time, I used Photoshop to complete this quirky piece. The man with a megaphone was used for a solicitor's announcement ad.

You can view samples of my regular illustration work here and let me know if you prefer my old style, or if you like this new look.

I would appreciate your thoughts.



Sometimes the soft pencil works with digital colouring, as this drawing for a solicitors firm shows






Savannah Mansion painting sold to a 'good home'

A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to have had an exhibition of my artworks in Savannah, Georgia, in The United States. The architecture there is wonderful and caught my attention, with the contrast of beautiful mouldings on the woodwork and sometimes peeling paintwork. This painting, which featured one such building was sold to a London couple recently. I watched it leave with a combination of sadness and gladness. Glad to have sold it, but sad in a way as it was such an absorbing painting to complete.






Eighteen months in the planning and building, but now complete, this is our new oak and glass studio - a fantastic workspace. To maximise light, we commissioned a pale polished concrete floor and full depth floor to ceiling windows. The large skylights have helped to make a light filled space in which to design, create, illustrate, meet up with clients and friends and just get inspired.

We look forward to meeting clients new and existing in the months ahead.




Our studio, with maximum light, lots of skylights and a pale polished floor.


No comments: